Why you need to start diecutting...
If you follow me on Instagram, or read this blog regularly, you will know that I am a huge advocate for lifelong learning. In the past year or so I have studied courses in photography, social media and business, to name but a few! And crafting is no exception - I always love to learn new skills (and buy all the equipment to go with them!) so I thought I would share my latest interest with you all.
Cricut machines... the Explore Air 2 is the absolute dream in die-cutting machines, which I'm still working up to but if your budget can stretch, then this is the one you need in your life.
Next up, I would recommend investing in some scalable digital images, known as SVGs. Best place to buy SVG files? Designbundles.net, without a doubt, as there are over 150,000 design to choose from and they're perfect for a whole range of projects.
But what can you do once you have your SVGs and your diecutting machines...? Here are my top 5 super-quick projects to get you started!
1. You can never have too many bags for life but who wants boring supermarket versions when you can have ones this cute...?
2. Or how about some personalised phone case covers with these mermaid letters? Perfect for birthday and Christmas presents! You can buy 10 blank iphone cases for just £15.99 so a brilliant business option too - just remember to check if the SVG files you buy have a commercial license.
3. Or get creating some customised clothing! Pick up bodysuits and babygrows for cheap as chips at supermarkets and add on a design, such as this. Just choose some pretty vinyl to cut - this would be adorable with an iridescent heat transfer vinyl as it just irons on once cut out. What a cute baby shower idea!
4. How about using the SVG files to create some wall art? Fill your home with beautiful pictures that you've created yourself... Just upload the file to your Cricut design software (if that's the machine you're using!), cut out of whichever coloured card you want, mount on white paper and frame! This will make an original wedding, new home or Christmas present. Get creative and have a browse through the hundreds and hundred of fonts. You'll soon understand why this is an addictive hobby!!
5. Ever fancied starting a scrapbook or bullet journal? They're all the rage at the moment, so cut yourself out some cut heart motifs on texture paper to pretty up your notebook and get jotting down those ideas that have been running around in your head. I have 'to-do' lists everywhere so this is definitely on my wishlist!
All of the SVGs featured in this blog post are available to purchase from designbundles.net. I'd love to see how you get on with your projects so do tag me in your photos on Instagram or email me with any questions if you get stuck. I'm only learning this craft myself but I'll try my best to help. Good luck!