Top Books for Preschoolers
As a family, we are huge book lovers and I'm often asked for children's book recommendations so here is a short list of Erin and Rory's favourite bedtime books. All of them are suitable for preschool age and absolutely adored by my two but do let me know if you think there is a book that REALLY deserves to be on this list! You'll probably recognise a few of the classics from your own childhood.
1. Any Julia Donaldson story - Every one has been a hit so far but the favourites include Monkey Puzzle, The Gruffalo and Stick Man. Fantastic rhythm and rhymes, you can't go wrong with a Donaldson book.
2. Any nursery rhymes collection - Just timeless.
3. Giraffes Can't Dance - A humorous tale with a subtle moral - always a winning formula!
4. The Tiger who Came to Tea - I have a confession to make... I find this story utterly boring but Erin absolutely adores it, like millions of other kids, so I'm obviously missing something here!
5. Funnybones - Nostalgic for me, hilarious for them.
6. There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly - One they will love to hear over and over again and that they'll soon be joining in with.
7. Five Minutes' Peace - There's a whole series of these books which I just love and are the perfect length for bedtime reading.
8. The Day the Crayons Quit - Possibly one to read over a few days but a lovely little tale from the perspective of crayons. A must-read!
9. My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes - This has them in stitches every time as we add in the actions for each character.
**This blog post contains affiliate links.